Monday, August 16, 2010

It Was the Rosary: Mainz Priest Talks About Vocation


The mixed marriage of parents of the well-known Mainz Priest, Father Hendrick Jolie, produced an alienation from religion in his family. But suddenly, everything changed and nothing was the same as it was.

[kreuz.net] I was not "unpious" as a young person, explained the well-known Mainz Priest, Father Hendrick Jolie, in an interview today with the Linz site 'kath.net'.

The clergyman came from a mixed marriage. "It created a kind of distance from the Church," according to him.

Then suddenly came the change: "the transformation of my Father's conversion in the 80s had deeply influenced me."

The future priest started to pose new questions: "how can a man, who is the business manager of a large convenience store chain standing in the middle of the profane world, suddenly become so pious? Why did he pray the rosary and go to Holy Mass [sic] so often?"

The example of the Father spurred the son: "I began in any case, to regularly pray the Rosary."

Because of that the life of the future Priest changed in a few months "fundamentally":

"I gave up my original career plans and entered the seminary in 1985."

Fr. Jolie didn't have a doubt: "Today I am absolutely sure, that I have the Rosary to thank for my vocation."


Read original, here...
.

No comments: